Some people can become quite divided by Brussel Sprouts… but personally I think that is because the people that say they don’t like them; haven’t found the right recipe yet! I could eat this Brussel Sprout as a side to every roast dinner, or any meal really!
- Organic Brussels Sprouts, washed
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed / olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- Blue cheese crumbled (depending on how cheesy you want it, we recommend 100g of cheese per 600g of sprouts).
- 3 strips natural thick-cut bacon or pancetta cubes cooked and crumbled
Photo Credits: Jenny Shearawn
STEP 1: Give the sprouts a really good wash and then forget what you were taught for preparing them. Don’t peel, don’t cut little crosses just get them in a roasting tin with plenty of oil, salt, pepper and ground garlic.
STEP 2: Pop them in the oven at 200c and roast them for about 15-20mins… You want the outer leaves of the sprouts to have just started catching, crisping and browning. And by leaving the sprouts whole they are not going to release any of their amazing fresh flavour.
STEP 3: Pop the sprouts in an overproof dish, sprinkle over the blue cheese and stir it through. Then return to the oven until the cheese is bubbling and the sprouts are cooked.
Serve with a good drizzle of balsamic and a sprinkling of broken-up cruncy bacon or fried pancetta cubes.. Enjoy!